We are hiring! Our team is in search of a full-time WordPress/Front-End Developer.
Bold Agency is a strategic creative agency located in Huntsville, AL. We provide our clients with all things from website design and development to branding and marketing strategy. We blend creativity with strategy to position our client’s brand, connect with their audience, and show off what makes them stand out.
We are in search of a full-time WordPress/Front End Developer to add our growing team. The ideal candidate would have the ability to take approved designs or rough concepts from our designers and build beautiful responsive websites for our clients on WordPress platform.
- Take a design comp and turn it into a WordPress site, setting up the theme, the plugins, and the content in a way that sets up the client for success going forward
- Build custom WordPress Themes and/or Plugins from scratch
- Be a pro at Bootstrap framework
- Work with third-party APIs to fetch and send data between different platforms/providers/solutions, etc.
- Receive and translate art assets from a variety of industry leading design tools such as Adobe XD
- Test staging sites on the latest browsers and debug before site launch
- Understand the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Consistently produce professional-grade, functional websites in a timely fashion
- Understand how WordPress works – The WordPress Loop, Hooks, Actions, WordPress-Specific functions, etc.
- Work with commonly used third-party WordPress plugins such as Ninja Forms, etc.
- Understand MySql/PhpMyAdmin Experience and simpler Database queries
- Understand and ensure ADA Compliance, and how that applies to properly-written code
- A professional website developer with proven experience
- A problem solver who can help make our team and client’s projects keep moving
- Self-motivated and enjoys flexibility
- A code nerd who can work with a creative team
- Able to juggle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A person who pays attention to details
What your day will look like:
- You’ll be introduced to the project by the project manager and given the scope of the project
- You’ll receive the creative assets from the lead designer on the project to move forward for your build. The designer will advise on approach where needed.
- You’ll setup the WordPress instance in WpEngine, our WP hosting partner
- You’ll load, configure, and style content
- You’ll do all QA checks including but not limited to Browser compliance, SEO best practices, ADA compliance/best practices
As a company, we value:
- Reliability & Stability – We want our clients and team to know they can depend on us
- Work/Life Balance – We believe mental health is important
- Building Authentic & Candid Relationships – Transparency between our team members and clients is critical to our success
All this sound good? Sweet! Next steps:
- Candidates should send their resumes with examples of previous website they completed and their salary requirements to: email@example.com
- We will evaluate all applicants and follow up via email to qualified applicants to discuss setting up an interview